Public Call for the Collaborative Grant Scheme Program
The public call is closed.
Public Call for the Collaborative Grant Scheme Program
In accordance with the Grant Contract, Tender No. 14SER01/08/31, No. 48-00-33/2016-28 between Department for Contracting and Financing of EU Funded Programmes, Ministry of Finance and the Innovation Fund and in accordance with the Budget Law of the Republic of Serbia for year 2021 (“Official Gazette of RS” No. 149/20)
The Innovation Fund
Public Call for the COLLABORATIVE GRANT SCHEME PROGRAM
The objective of the Collaborative Grant Scheme Program (hereinafter: Program) is to foster industry-driven research by incentivizing private sector companies and public sector R&D organizations to engage in joint R&D projects with the goal of creating new or improved commercially viable products and services, as well as innovative technologies with significant future impact and market potential.
The maximum amount of grant financing which the Innovation Fund (hereinafter: IF) can award per each individual project is EUR 300,000.
The grant financing awarded by the IF can cover:
• maximum of 70% of total project costs (Approved Project Budget) for projects whose Lead Applicant is a micro or small enterprise and a maximum of 60% of Total Approved Project budget for projects whose Lead Applicant is a medium sized enterprise;
Each Applicant must secure their own mandatory co-financing for the project in the following way:
• minimum of 30% of the total Approved Project Budget for projects whose Lead Applicant is a small or micro enterprise and 40% for projects whose Lead Applicant is a medium sized enterprise.
The co-financing by the Applicant is to be secured from other, private sector sources, independently of the IF or any other public sector financing programs.
Duration of projects supported under the Program can be up to 24 months.
The IF will consider financing of projects coming from all fields of science and technology and from any sector of the economy. However, please keep in mind that this Program is aligned with the Smart Specialization Strategy Serbia, which focuses on four main priority domains:
• Food for future;
• Information and communication technologies (including specific focus on Artificial Intelligence, as envisaged by the Strategy for the Development of Artificial Intelligence in the Republic of Serbia for the period 2020-2025, available at https://www.srbija.gov.rs/tekst/437277);
• Machines and production processes of the future;
• Creative industries.
At least 50% of IF’s available funding for the call for proposals will be allocated for applications in the abovementioned priority domains, subject to availability of good quality projects.
The Smart Specialization Strategy Serbia can be found on the following link: http://www.mpn.gov.rs/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/strategija_pametne_specijalizacije.pdf
Also, the Innovation Fund will continue, together with the Government of the Republic of Serbia and the European Union as the main partners in supporting innovation, to provide support for projects that contribute to increased social inclusion of persons with disabilities using advanced technologies.
Terms of application
• The Applicant is a consortium whose:
o Lead Applicant must be a private sector micro, small or medium company incorporated in Serbia, in accordance with the current Serbian Company Law in effect, with operating annual revenue of at least EUR 200,000 (for the last fiscal year or for the current year, if applicable) and profitable;
o Lead Co-Applicant must be a public (majority state-owned) Scientific Research Organization registered and accredited in Serbia on the list of accredited scientific and research organizations provided by Ministry of education, science and technological development, available at: http://www.mpn.gov.rs/nauka/nio/, relevant to the field of industry and technology identified in the proposed project.
Besides the mandatory Lead Applicant and Lead Co-Applicant described above, the consortium can include other domestic and foreign micro and small private sector companies, domestic and foreign Scientific Research Organizations and Serbian university/faculty innovation centers as Co-Applicants, as long as their engagement is justified by the development needs of the Project proposal. The consortium cannot have more than five (5) members.
The Applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
• Management and key personnel credentials and ability of the consortium to deliver;
• Quality and collaborative potential of the consortium members;
• Innovative technology, product or service; clear IP position and potential;
• Clear market need, competitive (preferably global or EU) position and commercialization potential;
• Level of co-financing, use of funds and adequacy of the project budget (preference will be given to applications with higher co-financing participation);
• Well-developed organizational design and project management system (including clear roles, responsibilities, authorities and accountabilities (R2A2s) for all consortia members and well-designed stage gate review process and risk management strategy).
Only Applications excelling in all the above-mentioned criteria will be recommended for financing. Additional details regarding the evaluation process can be found in the Review Guidelines document, available at: http://www.inovacionifond.rs/cms/files//psnp-dokumentacija/CGS_Program_Review_Guidelines_ENG_6.0.pdf
In order for any Application to be evaluated, it needs to be submitted as a complete, structured documentation package within the given submission deadline electronically through the Innovation Fund’s portal. A complete set of necessary Application documentation can be found on the Innovation Fund’s website: http://www.inovacionifond.rs/en/programs/collaborative-grant-scheme-program/cgs-documentation-november-2021
Applicants are obligated to use predefined document templates provided on the IF web page.
Each registered project will automatically receive a predefined Applicant Statement document which the Applicant must read and agree to.
In order to apply for financing Applicants are required to submit following documentation:
• Business Plan;
• Project Budget;
• Project presentation*;
• Financial Forecast (Projected income statements for the next 5 years);
• Environmental Screening Questionnaire (ESQ);
• CVs of the key personnel engaged in the project (maximum 5, free format, in English);
• Lead Applicant’s financial statements for the last applicable business year
Note: Application documentation must be submitted in the exact same visual and structural format and style as it is provided on the IF website. Any attempt to modify the Application documentation by unlocking and/or altering the formulas or text will result in the Application being disqualified from further evaluation. Applicants are allowed to use style formatting options within the predefined text boxes in the business plan.
* Project presentation in the PowerPoint format is the only exception, and needs to be submitted based on the instructions provided in the template itself.
Due to the international two-phase evaluation process, submitted Application documentation must be in English, except in situations where this is not applicable (applicant statement and financial statements).
Оnly one (1) Application under this call for proposals regardless of the Program is allowed.
The deadline for Application submission is March 15th 2022 by 15:00h.
Incomplete Applications, as well as Applications that are not submitted until the submission deadline will not be considered.
Please use the following link to apply: http://www.inovacionifond.rs/en/login
54/B4/2 Veljka Dugoševića St
Science Technology Park Belgrade